Saturday 11 September 2010

Raya Oh Yeah~


As Syawal dawns upon us,my duty is to cook and conjure up yummy raya food for my family to feast themselves. It's the Second day of Eid and It's been two days in a row and my station is basically at the kitchen,which i hereby would declare myself to be the Iron Chef of the house...hehhe boleh? Furthermore since my dad is back for good he would be the most appreciative for home cooked meal made especially from yours truly...We ordered a few delicacies from the Caterer (note*my ex neighbour and best friend's caterer-hehe) but my mother would still persist me to cook and i have to obliged,since it's like a once in a blue moon thingy.

My specialty would be Lodeh,kuah kacang,chicken curry,chicken & beef rendang,chicken rice and other raya goodies hails from the South especially (since my dad is from Batu Pahat, Johor)...Yes,need to highlight on that because lotsa ppl in the office has been asking me,tak balik Sarawak ker or Sabah...and i am like,whoa bila masa pulak i am from Borneo? huhu so i've to start telling them my dad is from Johor and my mom is from Kajang and was born with the enhancement of bugis,javanese,mandailing and baba and nyonya...(hence the sepet eyes~muahaha)

chicken rice~

my all time favourite munchies during raya,kueh goyang (my sister's mil punya kueh goyang memang terbaek!!)

Anyways, since lotsa guest are coming visiting at the house the only place i've been to for Raya is to my front Neighbour's home...Seriously!! Sad as it sounds,it's ok with me because i got to hangout and catch up with my dad and that is what matters most to be with your loved ones during this time of Celebration. Only tomorrow would be the day for me to 'Raya Sakan'...I already have like 5 places to go which is in Ampang and Kajang area....

During Raya break,i had fun hogging the tv to catch only the interesting Shows aired during this festive season...There's Datuk Shiela Majid's Aku Cinta Padamu showed on Tv2 today which has like a glimpse of me in it singing on top of my lungs during Antara Anyir dan Jakarta (yes i am a die hard fan of Shiela Majid and was one of the audience during the shoot-n trust me the camera adds extra pounds)...hehhe and also one of it is A
kustika Raya 2010 which was aired on tv3 featuring Yuna,Aizat and Noh from Hujan.Love the combination,as they are exceptionally talented at a young age and they are Awesome indeed.

Love the booties and the skinny jeans on a skinny thighs ~sigh!!!

Not only that i admire Yuna's mellow and sweet voice but also for me Yuna has become one of a trendsetter in Hijab Style. Her style potrays vibrance and exudes sheer youthfulness but in a very modest and demure way. Love her style~

it's 'Raya Oh Yeah'!!

These stunning piccies by Mashelmy!

1 comments:

Farah on 14 September 2010 at 05:02 said...

i rate the nasi ayam eleven over ten hehe! so nice!!!!!

 

Striking In Pink Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada